Wednesday, September 24, 2014



For psychology "cultural shock" is when a person suffer diferent psychological symptoms, por example anxiety, when this person is for a long time in other place, with other culture, different than their own. All humans have a identity which is built through experience, through cultural interaction. When you are in a different place to usual, your identity is in danger. Where everything they knew about themselves suddenly to be living in a totally different from his social context, with so many different features that were, or were accustomed to live and that makes them lose the sense of place of themselves until to this question: I do not know who I am?

Really,  I have not a cultural shock, however was a  moment in my life where I felt different, I felt that not fit in this place. This ocurred when I went a the march for diversity in Santiago, for firt time I felt minority.
In a moment  I wanted to escape, because the discomfort was much, the looks were rare, and I felt and understandood is to be a different in a place everyone is equal. I important to live these feeling, fo be more empathetic and understanding. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, is difficult feel that you don't know who I am, but this is very comun in people, specially when we meet other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true and I agree with what you say about the identity more common than it seems true

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand you. Sometimes i don´t fin in any places, and i need to make of find it.
    Whit a little of time, the restoration come.

    ReplyDelete